Monday, October 25, 2010

W.I.S.E.

My roommate and I are just beginning to get involved with the W.I.S.E program offered by the Three Rivers Martial Arts Academy, located right by campus.  W.I.S.E. (Women Initiating Safe Environments) covers common sense assault prevention, home and vehicle security, stress management, escapes, tactical awareness, and countermeasures.    It's an 8 week program and it is promised that you will feel more secure with your ability to defend yourself.  I would strongly advise any women to be involved in this program.  I am only on week 3 and I have already experienced a feeling of power from the energy and strength I've learned to use.  I'm not athletic in the least bit and I'm not an extremely muscular girl, either.  I'm already surprised at the progress I've made. 

Three Rivers Martial Arts Academy
123 South 6th Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
http://threeriversmartialarts.com/

2 comments:

  1. When are the meetings? I think its a good idea that you are taking a good step to protect yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I would love to take that class and get some anger out!!

    ReplyDelete